Supermarket giant Tesco approached us to implement new planograms for its mobile phone range across 613 stores over a one-week period.
To deliver new product launch in-store to co-ordinate with consumer promotional activity.
Mobile bays were refreshed with new hardware and handsets, each with associated product literature. This was sorted into categories, with one bay for handsets, one for SIMs and up to four bays for accessories.
Elsewhere, new double modular units and accessory bays were created and installed at 70 new Tesco sites.
To achieve this, all materials associated with the project were delivered to our central distribution centre in Cheshire. Each element was then picked for individual stores and bundles were dispatched to one of our regional distribution centres.
- Pre-call each of 613 stores to introduce and explain forthcoming activity
- De-merchandise all bays of obsolete fixtures
- Install new fixtures and POS for mobile phone handset displays, including hooks, headers, toblerone graphics and RSBs.
- Re-merchandise handsets
- Distribute and set site specific POS
- Undertake whole project within a three week period, working night shifts, to minimise disruption to trading
- Provide stock fulfilment and distribution across the estate
As a result of CJ Retail Solutions’ expertise and in-store customer insights, the category refit was a huge success, with 99 per cent compliance achieved against client brief.
- 99% compliance on client brief
- Daily communication between project manager, the client and stores
- Real time uploads to client portal to enable client to view site photos each morning following installation